Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Naoshima's Slag Buddha

88 statues fit perfectly well in this specific location
My guests and I went to Naoshima on Saturday. Chuchu Art Museum was rather crowed with group tourists. Many were from Korea, which has often been the case in recent years. I should study Korean to welcome them though I had a little chat with a few Korean ladies in English. At this moment, what I can say is just hello in Korean and give a smile of hospitality. 


The photo was taken near Lee Ufan Museum, entitled the Slag Buddha 88. Before the inauguration of the museum, my guests and I watched this artwork only from car windows. This time we stood in front of them. Much better. 


The slag was made from industrial waste illegally dumped on the island of Teshima where Teshima Art Museum designed by NISHIZAWA Ryue lies.




No comments:

Post a Comment