Thursday, February 20, 2020

WATER GARDEN "MIZUNIWA"

reflection in the water at MIZUNIWA garden

Go there before you die. 

I shouldn't wait if I managed to go to the places on my wish list. Of course you just cannot go to such places today but I made it a rule not to wait too long because the time given to me is one day less every day. 

This winter is unusually warm caused by global warming, I believe. But this troublesome issue at least gave me an opportunity to go to the natural but unusual Mizuniwa garden. 

On February 20, 2020, I was there. 

I could make one day off on that day and had been thinking that I would go if there was no snow. But usually Nasu where the garden lies is too snowy in February. Amazingly there was only one snowy day that caused the garden covered with snow this winter. 

I called the Art Biotop a few times before I made a reservation two days before my visit. At that time I was convinced that there would be no snow and I would be able to walk in the garden.

I did. I was not surprised by the beauty because I knew it. I just had to be there to absorb the experience. And I did.

On July 1, 2020, they are opening their additional accommodations designed by BAN Shigeru, one of my favorite architects. 

A summer visit with a overnight stay will be good. 

I added the hotel to my wish list.











No comments:

Post a Comment