Saturday, January 29, 2011

Inujima Seirensho

The film you can see after a tour of the artwork of six titles done by YANAGI YUKINORI goes like this:

The first time I visited Inujima was on a small sailboat. I spent a night moored in the harbor and saw the sun rise over the hill where the ruins are located. This became my first "encounter" with Inujima. The sun at that moment of December 6, 1995 made an imprint on my retina, which was then developed into a six-part artwork Hero Dry Cell in Seirensho. And the afterimage of that sun emerged in the village as Inujima Art House Project, linked to the myriad gods of Japan.

I was back on the island of Inujima. This time I spent half the time of my stay for walking in the island neighborhood and appreciating the Art House Project and the rest for YANAGI's artwork. Seirensho ruins had to be skipped this time. I got absorbed in comprehending the artwork and didn't remember the place closes at 4:30. When I was about to go see Seirensho ruins part, it was already 4:29.

That's fine. I'll be back.

So welcome to Seirensho, a former refinery once spewing out dark smoke and now standing in serenity.

No comments:

Post a Comment