Saturday, January 29, 2011

Inujima's Art House Project

Besides the Seirensho Art Project, Inujima now offers the Art House Project, refurbishing old houses or building new ones under the concept of island revival. The artworks were done by YANAGI Yukinori; the architecture by SEJIMA Kazuyo.

Here's the first one I am introducing to you.

The I Art House, Eyeball Flower Garden. An image of an eyeball is projected on the glass screen on the exterior of the house. The eye sees the flower garden and me standing there; I see the reflection on the glass too. It's a beautiful world.

Inside, the other eyeball is projected alike. But on its retina are destruction and misery imprinted. The world is doomed.


I'm trying the google blogger tentatively. I might move here from the present URL. To see more of my blog, please go to:

http://blog.goo.ne.jp/jasmine-rosemary

No comments:

Post a Comment