Sunday, August 28, 2011

Enclosed by somma, the outer rim of Aso Crater

Down there are fields and communities that people live. Aso Caldera, Kumamoto Pref. is one of the largest in the world and easily accommodates these communities in the caldera basin. 


Isn't this a splendid view of the caldera walls? These communities will be around 450 meters or higher above sea level. I stayed at a pension standing around 700 meters of elevation, therefore not in the basin and the air was so refreshing that I didn't want to go down.


Winter scene must be something to see. Have to come back with our cat. Our cat was welcome at an inn my husband and I stayed. In fact, I searched for that type of accommodations. Food, service, other facilities were quite satisfactory. We loved them all. We can come back to this inn on our next visit to Aso. Great !


Pension Musashi where we stayed with our cat
The room we stayed with our cat
And our cat chilling in the room

No comments:

Post a Comment